we can vaccinate against the sars-2-covid-19 virus
please get vaccinated whenever, wherever you can
Pfizer vaccine for anybody older than 12
Moderna for everybody older than 18
J and J for anybody older than 18
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE OUR PATIENT TO BE VACCINATED AT OUR OFFICE, and you may be as old as 100 yrs, I will vaccinate you!
everybody over 12 yrs old can be vaccinated at our office, Moderna is offered to anybody over 18 yrs old, if so desired
Pfizer and Moderna are offered as third dose (ask for specific regulations),
PFIZER only is offered as a booster to all over 65yr olds, all frontline workers, if the second dose was 6 or more months earlier
all patients 12 years (Pfizer) old and older will be offered the vaccine - we cannot mix and match the differed products yet
nobody can get sick from the vaccine
Pfizer and Moderna covid vaccine are mRNA vaccines of highest efficacy, they were developed using the most advanced knowledge while integrating over 100 years of research on how to generate the most effective, safest injectable to prevent a horrid illness
children 5yrs old through 11yrs old will hopefully be offered the covid-19 vaccine by the end of October 2021, and children 6months - 4yrs old hopefully may be vaccinated by the latest Jan. 2022
there are no contraindications except for anaphylaxis to other injectables
anaphylaxis to polyethyleneglycol might be at the source of the allergic reaction observed in TWO patients in the UK
- both patients recuperated within minutes and are well, both had a history of anaphylaxis to injectable medicines
we need at least 70% of the population vaccinated with 2 doses to be able to live our lives like before the pandemic
- no masks, having large fun parties again, hugging everybody
even if you had covid as illness it is recommended you get vaccinated with 2 doses for protection (just like everybody else)
Yes, everybody in our office has been vaccinated !!!
The science behind it is solid, the researchers who worked on a sars-vaccine, worked for many years on the development of this type of vaccine, the pandemic can only be overcome if we all get
vaccinated just like we did it for measles, polio, etc.
It is a "YES" for pregnant women to be vaccinated -
CDC and FDA, and the Academy of Obstetrics and Gynecology, together with the Academy of Pediatrics state that:
It is recommended that all women who are pregnant be vaccinated against covid-19 to prevent irreparable harm to the mother and her unborn child
Too many mothers have lost their lives while pregnant, or right after giving birth, and too many unborn children were lost to in utero death because of unvaccinated mothers
Please continue believing science, adopt and promote the simple rules of INFECTION CONTROL
- wear a mask
- watch your distance
- wash your hands
please be part of the solution not of the problem
ONE IMPORTANT FACT REMAINS -
IF YOU ARE CLOSER THAN 6FT (2METERS) TO A PERSON WITH SARS-2-COV19 FOR LONGER THAN 10 MINUTES YOU are very likely to get INFECTED IF YOU ARE NOT WEARING A FACE-MASK
please follow recommendations by the health department when diagnosed with covid-19
please be part of the solution on how to minimize spread and maximize protection for the the next person and you
How to clean your home - please visit the following website:
we are seeing patients every 30 minutes only - on the hour and on the half an hour-
We strive to prevent the mingling with any other patients, and after each visit we clean all surfaces.
In the mean time we have achieved an almost 100% vaccination rate among covid-19 vaccine eligible patients, while maintaining a 100% vaccination rate against all other diseases.
We have never postponed a vaccine, a physical exam, a visit for any reason, during the entire duration of the pandemic.
It is therefore that we have been able to allow parents to both come with their newborns, and families come together for their flu vaccines.
We continue to uphold the mask mandate, and we remain dedicated to separating newborns and toddlers from the rest of the patient population.
We continue to see "well visits" in am, and have the after 3pm times dedicated to "ill" or "not feeling so well" kids.
Efforts have been put in place to combine after school times for families seeking the flu vaccine
OFFICE OPERATIONS REMAIN, UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE AAP (AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS)
"well, immunizations needed, no illness present" visits before 2 PM
"under the weather/not feeling well" visits will be offered after 2 PM
do not delay Emergency room visits
medicine goes on
it is not just covid
kids get injured, other diseases must be treated, delay only causes harm
Emergency rooms we recommend are:
White Plains Hospital
Maria Fareri Children's Hospital
(this recommendation of the local Hospitals is based on the availability of physically separate areas for children in the ER, and the maintenance of separate pediatric floors for children if admitted to in hospital care)
Columbia, Mt Sinai, Weill Cornell, NYU, Yale
all are major teaching Hospitals with some of the best pediatric subspecialties AND pediatric subspecialists available for the care of children at any time of the day. Any of these Hospitals are reachable within 20-45min from Rye, NY.
PLEASE DO REMEMBER:
- children have been wrongfully defined as not being as severely affected by covid-19. In the mean time over 25% of all cases are in children younger than 18 yrs old, over 99% of which are not vaccinated.
We will only in a few years see what STAGE 2 of covid will cause in these unfortunate kids. Just as an old chickenpox infection is at the root of shingles, covid-19 disease today might cause the "has-had-covid-in-the-past" syndrome.
Please, do not become the parent that will have to explain to the future young adult that you failed to protect them from this, at the time we begged you to vaccinate your child, and you refused to do so.
NYState passed the health regulation that any child can self-consent to any vaccine after reaching 14 years of age. For reproductive care, specifically the consent to HPV vaccine, the age of self-consent is 12 yrs.
if you have any questions please call - 914 967 9000
please see the links and visit the NY or CT gov. sites
testing run by the State sites IS FREE of charge
ANTIBODY TESTING (venous blood draw)
- is available in our office!
Antibody tests are not to be used to feel reassured that "one now is protected if positive".
We still do not know how high the levels of antibody must be to have protection (please call the office for further info 914 967 9000)
if you do what we recommend, and everybody else does the same thing, we will achieve the best outcome
NEWBORNS, NEW FAMILIES, MOMs GIVING BIRTH
AAP Report on Initial Guidance: Management of Infants Born to Mothers with COVID-19
please inform yourself on the AAP website for up-to-date guidelines
- Current evidence is consistent with low rates of transmission during or around the time of birth, and is inconclusive about transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from mothers with COVID-19 to their newborns during pregnancy.
- Neonates can acquire SARS-CoV-2 after birth. Their immature immune system leaves newborns vulnerable to other serious respiratory viral infections, raising concern that SARS-CoV-2 may cause severe disease among neonates.
- Airborne, Droplet, and Contact Precautions should be utilized when attending deliveries from women with COVID-19 due to the increased likelihood of maternal virus aerosols and the potential need to administer newborn resuscitation to infants with COVID-19 infection that can generate virus aerosol.
- When the physical environment allows, newborns should be separated at birth from mothers with COVID-19.
- SARS-CoV-2 has not been detected in breast milk to date. Mothers with COVID-19 can express breast milk to be fed to their infants by uninfected caregivers until specific maternal criteria are met.
- Infants born to mothers with COVID-19 will be tested at 24 hrs of birth and at 48hrs, or if still negative 72hrs testing can be done.
- A newborn who has a documented SARS-CoV-2 infection (or who remains at risk for postnatal acquisition of COVID-19 due to inability to test the infant) requires frequent outpatient follow-up via telephone, telemedicine, or in-person assessments through 14 days after discharge.
- After hospital discharge, a mother with COVID-19 is advised to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from the newborn, and when in closer proximity use a mask and hand-hygiene for newborn care until (a) she is afebrile for 72 hours without use of fever lowering remedies, and (b) at least 7 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
WEBSITE ABOUT BREASTFEEDING
moments I will never forget
thank you all for these
incredible acts of kindness, like the mom who handmade the head-cover, and the protective cloth-mask to be able to safe guard the surgical masks underneath, and the kids' notes reflecting the gratitude even when receiving painful vaccines. All these kind acts have kept us smiling, have given strength, and added determination to be here and to never give up -
3Ws - wear a mask - watch your distance - wash your hands
2Vs - ventilate - vaccinate
we are vaccinating against covid-19 free of charge
thank you for your kindness,
you all make this a worthwhile journey
Facts about COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines
they are safe and effective
facts about all other vaccines - safe and effective
any vaccines - prevent illness and death caused by these pathogens